Industry Client Recipes
Spicy Fried Chicken
YIELD: 4 PORTIONS
|Sriracha hot sauce
|1 1/2 tsp
- Clean the chicken pieces and place them in a large plastic container.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, Sriracha, and sea salt.
- Pour the brine over the chicken, making sure all pieces are covered.
- Place the chicken into the fridge and marinate for 24 hours.
- Mix all the dredge ingredients in a large bowl.
- Take the chicken out of the brine and move it to a separate bowl.
- Using one piece of chicken at a time, place the chicken into the dredge and coat it evenly, then move the piece back into the brine, making sure the coating is fully saturated. Then coat the piece once more with the dredge and place it on a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Repeat for all other pieces of chicken.
- In a large pot, heat the oil to 300°F, then slowly drop the chicken pieces into the oil, making sure not to overcrowd the pot. Cook the chicken for 7-8 minutes or until an internal temperature of 165°F is achieved.
- Once the chicken is cooked, place it on a wire rack to cool.