Industry Client Recipes
Spent Grain Crêpes
YIELD: 6-8 CRÊPES
|Better Breakfast High Protein Pancake mix, ground up
|1 1/2 cups
|unsalted butter, melted
- Whisk together the water, eggs, and melted butter.
- Add in the dry pancake mix and whisk until there are no clumps and the mixture is smooth. (Don’t worry about over-mixing).
- Heat a small (8″) non-stick frying pan over low-medium heat. Once hot, turn the heat to low. Lightly coat the pan with pan spray.
- Scoop 1/4 cup of batter into the middle of the pan and swirl in a circular pattern to distribute the batter thinly and evenly over the bottom of the pan.
- Allow the batter to cook for about 3 minutes or until you see bubbles forming along the surface and the edges gently start to pull away from the edge of the pan.
- Using your fingertips, swiftly grab the back edge of the crêpe, and in one motion, flip to the other side to continue cooking until done, about 30 seconds.
- After cooking, slide the crêpe onto a paper towel-lined plate, and lightly cover with a clean tea towel so it doesn’t dry out.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.