Industry Client Recipes
YIELD: 5 PORTIONS
|eggs, lightly beaten
- Put a large pot of salted water over high heat and bring to a boil. Lower the heat to a simmer.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together all ingredients to form a batter.
- Using a flat cheese grater, press the batter through the holes to extrude the spaetzle straight into the simmering water.
- In a separate large bowl, prepare an ice bath. Once the spaetzle has floated to the surface of the hot water (about 1-2 minutes), scoop it out with a slotted spoon or mesh strainer into the cold ice bath. Once chilled, drain and transfer the spaetzle to a new bowl.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat. Add 1 tbsp of butter to the hot pan. Add half the chilled spaetzle and sauté until golden brown. Season to taste.
- Repeat the sauté process with the remaining spaetzle.
Chef’s Notes: This recipe works well as a side dish to pork schnitzel and braised cabbage. Adding herbs such as thyme, rosemary or lemongrass brings a freshness and beautiful flavour to this dish.